Does Scaleout version 4.x support the startup_delay option in soss_params.txt?

clay

I'm trying to set the "startup_delay" parameter in soss_params.txt for Scaleout version 4.2.36.200 to mitigate the STP issue described in the following post:

https://community.scaleoutsoftware.com/threads/effect-of-the-spanning-tree-protocol-on-soss.677/

I see the message "soss_params.txt is corrupted" in the log file when restarting the service. And I still see "Waiting 5 sec. for OS/switch to initialize network" in the log file. Looks as though it is not accepting the startup_delay parameter.

Last edited by a moderator:

clay

Thanks. Would setting the startup type to "Automatic (Delayed Start)" on the StateServer Windows service have the same effect?

admin

Administrator
Yes, it might have a similar effect due to the nature of Delayed Start type of services when such services would not be started until the last "automatic" service has started. The implementation for the "startup_delay" parameter though is not related to this Windows feature: it does not delay the StateServer’s service startup itself, it simply delays connecting to the network during the service startup.