Is it necessary to install SOSS remote client in client machines? Cant I just create a .Net application adding necessary DLLs and use my application t

Hi

I installed SOSS server in one machine and try to use it from different client machines. I created a simple .Net application to add/retrieve data from Cache

in Client Machine A, I installed SOSS remote client. I used my .Net application to access cache from this machine and it works.

In Client Machine B, I did not install anything related to SOSS. I pasted my .Net application along with SOSS dlls(Whatever were copied to bin folder when I built my application) and Soss_client_params.txt in machine. It is giving an error as below. Can someone guide me how to handle this.

Error: Could not load file or assembly 'soss_dotnet2cli, Version=5.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a1ec0b86f746a476' or one of its dependencies.
I have already copied this DLL to my application location in client machine

admin

Administrator
To run an installer-less client application, you'll need to copy the following files into the same directory as your application:

Native DLLs (found in the installation root directory)
  • soss_svccli.dll
  • soss_perflib_client.dll
.NET DLLs

The optimal file locations for the .NET DLLS will depend on which .NET Framework version your application targets. See the table in the Configuring and Deploying Your .NET Project topic of the .NET API documentation for information about which assemblies to reference and deploy. These references follow the same rules as your application references, so you should either ensure they’re consistent, or set the Copy on Local property to True in your build environment.

Configuration Files
  • soss_client.params.txt (contents described below)
A typical soss_client_params.txt file will look like this on a remote client:

Code:
update_time       0
max_lcl_retries   30
max_rem_retries   2
max_access_time   0
max_svr_conn      4
stats_interval    6
rem_gw            __SOSS_remote_client_access, 720, 10.20.3.24, 721
Every line, including the last one, needs a newline at the end (i.e., ensure there is an blank line at the end of the file). The last line, "rem_gw" (remote gateway), is the important one here – you can leave the rest of the values at their defaults unless you have a compelling reason to do otherwise. The rem_gw setting tells our client libraries where to find the SOSS service on the network, so, in this case, the client will try to connect to the service running at 10.20.3.24, and that service is using the default management port (720) and the default server port (721). The "__SOSS_remote_client_access" is a constant string that should never change.

If you have more than one SOSS service running then you can (and should) put multiple rem_gw lines in your soss_client_params.txt file, with a different IP address in each line. You can read more about the individual settings in our help file's Configuration Parameters topic.

System Dependencies

You’ll also need the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015, since the native components of our DLLs are currently (as of version 5.6.3) built against this compiler.

Note: For container-based deployments, see https://github.com/Microsoft/dotnet-framework-docker/issues/15 for an example of how to seamlessly include this dependency into your Dockerfile.